Sunday, June 2, 2019

A surprising discovery

Sunday, June 2:  Emma and I enjoyed our worship at church this morning, ate lunch together, and then on our way back to her house, we stopped by Menard's to put in a job application (not for me). I told Emma I would pray that she is able to get a summer job--perhaps this will be the one!

I came home and took a brief nap but then decided to take a walk on this gorgeous afternoon/evening. I walked down Chauncey Avenue, on the other side of Canonsburg, and remembered a road that I had always wanted to explore--for some reason, I had always thought it was "private" and so I didn't wander down it. But today, I was happy to find out that the road was marked like any other road, and it was NOT designated "private" whatsoever.
 Yes! I LOVE exploring new roads! For this reason, I SHOULD have a bike! It sure would be faster to explore new places on a bike instead of on my feet ... but I CAN walk, and with my camera in hand and was ready for ... anything!
 I found a lot of beauty back here on Shiloh Rd. Quiet beauty. Wood-sie beauty. The kind I intensely love.

 Won't this road be beautiful with a fresh new snow cover? NOT in June, however! I'll have to explore it in EVERY season.



Something else surprised me in the last few days. I've learned of an artist/musician who has been around for 15+ years that I never heard of before. A friend posted a music video on FB of the artist singing one of his songs at a Getty concert, backed up by a 400-voice choir! The song really spoke to my heart. The artist's face, his sincerity, his worship ... was so moving. The song is titled: "Is He Worthy?" Rhetorical, obviously. Here are the words:

IS HE WORTHY, Andrew Peterson (2018)
[Verse 1]
Do you feel the world is broken? (We do)
Do you feel the shadows deepen? (We do)
But do you know that all the dark won't stop the light from getting through? (We do)
Do you wish that you could see it all made new? (We do)

[Verse 2]
Is all creation groaning? (It is)
Is a new creation coming? (It is)
Is the glory of the Lord to be the light within our midst? (It is)
Is it good that we remind ourselves of this? (It is)

[Chorus]

[Refrain 1]
Is He worthy? Is He worthy?
Of all blessing and honor and glory
Is He worthy of this?  He is!

[Verse 3]
Does the Father truly love us? (He does)
Does the Spirit move among us? (He does)
And does Jesus, our Messiah hold forever those He loves? (He does)
Does our God intend to dwell again with us? (He does)

[Chorus]
Is anyone worthy? Is anyone whole?
Is anyone able to break the seal and open the scroll?
The Lion of Judah who conquered the grave
He is David's root and the Lamb who died to ransom the slave

[Bridge]
From every people and tribe
Every nation and tongue
He has made us a kingdom and priests to God
To reign with the Son

[Refrain 2]
Is He worthy? Is He worthy?
Of all blessing and honor and glory
Is He worthy? Is He worthy?
Is He worthy of this?
He is!
Is He worthy? Is He worthy?
He is!

He is!

I've played the video, probably 50x over the last three days, and then I did a little internet search on the musician and found that he is also an author! Andrew Peterson has written a 4-volume fantasy series that I simply MUST read ... in fact, I can hardly wait! I went on Youtube Saturday morning and found that this talented fellow has written a TON of beautiful music! I'm going to have to acquire it so that I can download it to my phone and listen to it while I drive ... because it is transforming stuff!

INDEED, HE IS WORTHY!

No comments: