Friday, June 7, 2019

First Grade Graduation

Thursday, June 6:  It was Awards Night & Graduation over at Trinitas Classical School, and our Brendan was graduating from First Grade! Here he is in his dress uniform for school.
 Brendan was in a First/Second grade split this year with a total of 12 students, only three of which were girls. I'm trying to recall some of their names: Tommy, Sammy, Noah, Lily, Joanna ... my memory is terrible. 
 Isn't Brendan such a beautiful child? Regretfully, these pictures are from my PHONE because upon leaving the house earlier in the day, I forgot and left my real camera on the table, with a fully charged battery and everything. Pooh. However, I am thankful as can be for my phone and the fact that it DOES take pictures.
 Hmm ... I'm counting children and only see TEN. Perhaps two could not be at the graduation for some reason. The very blonde boy in the center ... his name is right on the tip of my tongue ... something like Walton or Webster or Winston or ... rats ... I cannot think of it! It just came to me--his name is WATSON! Whew.

 Brendan announced to me today that he would be going to Calvin College when he grows up. I asked him ... why? He told me that Joanna had decided that's where SHE was going to go to college, and since he and Joanna are such good friends, Brendan thought it would be best to go to the same college. He has a keen fondness for Joanna.
 Have you ever seen more darling faces all lined up? Yikes. SO CUTE.


 Not to be left out of anything, the tinies were also present at the graduation in all of their adorableness. Look at baby Erin ... oh my word ... I could just eat her up.
 And precious Aidan was wandering around at the back of the sanctuary (with other littles) and as awards were being announced and the audience was clapping, he would appropriately clap his dimpled hands together ... gah! He slays me.
 So I'm going to just run these pictures here ...








I'm in love with these tiny grandchildren. I think that being a grandmother is one of the best gifts I have ever been given. It's just beyond happiness! Thank you so much, Lord.

No comments: