Friday, June 28, 2019

Our sensitive Little Fellow

Thursday, June 27:  I picked Brendan up from his sailing class today only to find an extremely forlorn child (Brendan) sitting at the edge of the dock, head down, holding a broken squirt gun. Evidently, the squirt gun was a vital part of today's sailing fun. Kelly and he had picked out a really great squirt gun prior to coming to class this morning, but as Brendan was filling the cylinder with water, it dropped deep into Reed's Lake where it could not be retrieved. Heartbreak.
Brendan has a really sensitive young heart. When he loves something, he loves it fiercely. And he truly loved this squirt gun! I did not take any pictures of his dear face with tears in his eyes and his chin quivering as he tried to hold back tears. I assured him that we would find out what store he and his mom had gotten the squirt gun and simply get another one! 
Brendan was finally consoled, at least partially. He decided it would be nice to swim a little bit before we went over to Rite Aid to replace his gun. 
 It was FINALLY summer weather today! A beautiful day from start to finish. Reed's Lake is a pretty place, but the lake itself is a bit too "reedy" for me! I just don't favor sea weed and reeds brushing up against my bare skin ... and the water is too cloudy for me too! I'm a bit picky when it comes to swimming in lakes.
 See the little sailboat in the forefront (on the left) of the picture below? These are the kinds of sailboats Brendan gets to go sailing in during his OptiI class.
 Brendan swam for quite awhile, all the time telling me interesting things about aliens and Pokemans ... this child's mind doesn't stop ...



And look at Brendan's beautiful smile, which shows his precious heart ... I love him so much.
 Here are some of the names of the boats that Brendan gets to sail! Today's boat was "Zacca", a true pirate boat! His boat partner today was "Karra", pronounced, "CAR" and then the "a" (short vowel). She was his partner yesterday too!
I called Kelly to get the exact Rite Aid where the squirt gun was purchased, and it was close by Reed's Lake! We were able to pick up a replacement without any trouble at all! We played with our water table and we washed my car! Brendan paid particular attention to my mirrors and did a special number on my car's rear camera!
 When we finished our "work", we relaxed by my rock garden. We found some very cool spider webs and tried to get a good picture.
 We discovered that if we squirted water on my rocks, they changed color and the sun sparkled off them, and they looked shiny. So we proceed to shine up my rocks for the next 30 minutes or so.
 There is something about these simple pleasures ... just sitting in the shade, using our squirt guns on the rocks, talking about the color and the sparkle and the webs ... listening to Brendan's thoughts ... how precious this time is! 

Thank you, dear Lord, for quiet, for Your peace, for this dear grandson.

No comments: