Friday, June 14, 2019

One-on-One with Brendan

Thursday, June 14:  I was so glad to have a one-on-one with Brendan today! Brendan is a complicated little person, whose mind is really interesting ... and he thinks about intricate stuff and wants to communicate what's going on in his head with me--and I love this about him. However, if I have Brendan AND Aidan, I usually don't get to spend much time with Brendan--not QUALITY time anyway.
Brendan was pretty excited to learn that I had gotten a membership to the Children's Museum. It's been probably three years since I've had a membership. It's not that I don't like the place ... but I'm a bit of a germophobic person I guess. I just don't think the place is ever clean enough, and if you get there late in the day, it looks like the end of the world has happened. I guess I just don't function well in chaos. 

But Brendan loves it here. There are things for him to explore! Lots of stuff to play with! This place is right up his alley.
 And it IS a fun place. Brendan had so much fun. I love to watch him explore and play.
 Since Brendan had on his superman jacket, he pretended to "FLY" through this mirrored contraption.
 So funny!
 The bubble apparatus is a favorite with everyone I think. The goal is to get the bubble to form around you and get it as high as possible by slowly pulling that chain ...
 Brendan is extremely patient and he did a really good job pulling the chain. The thing is, though, you never know if the soap formula that they've placed around the rim is exactly right, how many children have yanked on that chain before you, and air pressure and people running by also affect the formation of the bubble. But Brendan was okay with his.
 Brendan also loves these raised bubble tables (so does Emma). Again, Brendan is super patient and waits to raise his hoop when there is enough soap on it to do the trick.

 Aren't these great pictures of him? 

 Brendan is also very musically inclined, so he spent some time here making music.


 And he climbed this wall ... but he is already too "big" for it to be much fun. They really should put some higher hand holds for "older" kids.
 But look how pleased he is anyway!


 The medical stuff was KIND of interesting to Brendan. He allowed himself to be laid on the CT sliding table and in he went ...
 He photobombed me by raising his foot to block my camera--which is what he is laughing about in this picture. I deleted the bombed picture.
 Brendan spent quite a long time putting this 3-D human together with lots of internal organs to put in the right place. He was very persistent until it was ...
 ... completely together and correct! Look at the pleased expression on his little face. I would kiss that dear face of his if he allowed it ... but ... sigh ... he does not. That's okay, though. I love him to pieces.
I had such a good time with you today, Brendan! After the Children's Museum, we went over to my house where we ate and played a game of Head-Bandz ... I wish I had taken a picture of Brendan with his Head band in place. He is very good at this game and truly enjoys it. It was such a relief for me to see Brendan more relaxed and less tense ... there's been a lot going on with him in the last months--but God has it, and loves Brendan and his dear family! 

No comments: