Thursday, June 13, 2019

Emma and Kaity-Girl @ the Children's Museum

Wednesday, June 12:  Kaity's fever has gone away, and although she is not 100% feeling herself, Emma and I took her downtown to the Children's Museum to play for an hour or so.
 The last time Emma was here was in 2008 ... at least that's my best recollection. Emma has a super good memory, though, and she remembered a TON of stuff. I think it was fun for her to see it again.

 I remember Emma liking the bubble area the best when she was a little girl ... how can she NOT be a little girl still? How could 10+ years go by so quickly?

 Kaity doesn't usually have the patience to S-L-0-W-L-Y pull up on the chain and allow the bubble juice (!?) to connect with the ring and enclose you ... 
 But Emma has grown in her patience skills over the years, PLUS she is super mechanically-oriented (always has been) and wants to see a good, successful outcome. Emma was able to get the bubble to rise pretty high up. A lot of it, however, is how many people have yanked on the chain throughout the day and how much actual "soap" is left to create a bubble. We didn't get here until about 3:00 in the afternoon and the place looked like it had been stampeded by elephants ...



 This is kind of a silly picture of Kaity doing some wall climbing ... she can be really funny sometimes ...
 Emma was pretty amused by all of the medical equipment. We put Kaity and her new pet dog (from the veterinary clinic) through the CT scan ...


 Since I've been reading "The Secret Life of Bees" (almost finished with the 2nd reading--my typical way of reading a novel lately) ... I was curious to examine the bee hive here ... 
 Amazing little creatures that God created! They are constantly at work! They are completely beautiful. How ever did God think them up?
 Kaity and Emma talked on the "phone" for a brief little bit ...
 But then THIS caught Emma's attention. This spinning wheel that you can send little circular wooden and plastic objects out in the middle to see what happens.


 Naturally, Emma caught on to the science of this and ... went with it! Ah! I love to see Emma engaged like this. She is so smart. I love her so much--not because she is so smart, please don't misunderstand ... I just love who she is.


 I love it when she is DETERMINED to make something happen ... 
 Kaity tried her hand at it too ... but she was ready to MOVE ON about fifteen minutes before Emma was. However, Kaity is not quite seven ... perhaps she too will grow in patience ... I truly think she will.
I love these pictures of these two dear granddaughters. My heart is FULL again. Thank you, Lord.

No comments: