Sunday, June 23, 2019

Friday evening with the kiddos

Friday evening, June 21:  I drove home to Grand Rapids from Detroit Friday afternoon straight to Dylan and Kelly's to take care of the little ones while they were out. It was such a beautiful evening--I was so glad we could spend the majority of our time outside.
 So far, the water table is still a hit, especially with the tinies.
 Oh my word. Erin! You absolutely kill me ...
 Okay then, Erin ... why don't you just eat that bird?
 "Sure, grandma--it tastes pretty yummy too!"
 Aidan is always the life of the party ... seriously!
 It's a good thing that grandma's are not allowed to continuously kiss adorable little faces ...


 We decided to get out the double stroller and walk on over to the school playground. What a lifesaver this place is! The children play really well here, and it's a good diversion from just playing in the yard. Little Aidan kills me with this car.

 Aidan is getting more and more "brave" at the playground.
 I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture of darling Brendan. What a love he is. AND he was such a super good listener Friday evening. He was SO helpful to me!
Brendan was pretending this was his "time machine."
When I asked him where he was going, he replied:
"I'm traveling to ancient Rome, Grandma."

 Aidan, strutting his stuff around the playground ...
 I was so surprised to see Aidan climb up on the teeter-totter and actually NOT freak out when Brendan rocked it!


Little Erin explored around the playground too!
 Oh, Aidan! You are the most darling 2-year-old!
 Look at these two kiddos! We strolled home because it was nearly bedtime. Tuck-ins for the boys went super well. Erin took a later nap, so she wasn't tired enough to put in bed yet ...
 So Erin and I had almost two solid hours together. We played with EVERY little thing we could get our hands on!

 One of Erin's favorite books is "The Pout Pout Fish." She loves to have it read to her.
 Look at Erin's beautiful soul revealed in her smile ...
 As I read the book to her, Erin made pouty faces throughout ...

 I asked her to show me what a pouty fish looked like ... and snapped these darling pictures ...

What a gift it is to be a grandmother. I am blessed beyond words.