Tuesday, June 18, 2019

This terrific two-year-old

Monday, June 17:  Aidan and I came over to the Beach House to spend our time together. We always start with eating. Since Aidan has outgrown his dairy allergy, I have more of a variety to feed him. However, slices of cheese have not gone over very big with him.
\
 Aidan does enjoy his watermelon though ...

 Apparently, eating watermelon causes hysterics ...
 I was very excited to show Aidan my water table. He wasn't sure what to think at first ...
 But he sure took to it in a matter of minutes.
 He played a solid two hours with all of the little toys I brought out ...
 The table came with the pouring cups, the little bucket, three unicorns (!!!), a strainer, and attachments. I brought out my little bath toys too.


 This little guy just played and played and played. It was completely satisfying to watch him.


 For as carefree as this child is, he does have an intense side to him! I think that's why I enjoy one-on-one times ... I can get to know each grandchild in their own unique ways. Although, it is revealing to see children attempt to play together too--you can learn a lot about these little ones that way too.


 Aidan just enjoyed himself HUGELY dumping water in all of the areas ... he made it rain ... he made the wheels turn ... he squirted the stingray and yellow duck ...


 He told me he was "washing" his hands ... but he says the word "washing" without the "h".

 Aidan got two solid hours of enjoyment just sitting here under my carport! 




 Hi there, Aidan Paul! You are a little cutie pie. Grandma Carol takes a lot of delight in you. I love you right down to my toes.







 But the REAL EVENT every Monday is the appearance of the garbage truck. Aidan tries to say it and it comes out sounding like a "sausage sruck" ... he gets super excited to see it each and every week. My little boys were the very same at this age.
 As it heads down the street, Aidan always says: "Bye, bye sausage sruck!"  
 Near the end of his two hours, Aidan got to taking cup fulls of water down the pavement and dumping water hither and yon. He was quite pleased with himself about it too.
Thank you for a really special Monday, Aidan!

No comments: