Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Our first "summer" Monday

Monday, June 10:  School is officially "out" for the summer, so I am not completely clear what is needed as far as "child care" for my family during this months ahead. I do better with a schedule--not that it has to be set in stone or anything--but at least some idea of what the week going forward will look like.
 THIS Monday, I picked up Aidan and Brendan at about 1:00 from their house. We played over at my house and ate some food. I neglected to take any pictures during that time, mostly because I was too conflicted listening to Brendan talk about Harry Potter and characters I've never heard of, and then catering to Aidan. I'm used to a 1-on-1 with these boys and this was a challenge for me ... from start to finish.
 Brendan had a swim lesson later in the afternoon, so we drove over to the swim school for that. Aidan played with the toys in the waiting area. I love these pictures of him.
 Brendan is the student on the right, dead center lane, and this is where he has been learning to swim! He likes it very much and he does a good job.
 We had about 45 minutes after Brendan's swim lesson before we had to head downtown to drop him off at Vacation Church School (which Brendan informed me was ORTHODOX). 
 45 minutes was kind of a tricky interval, and I had to take into consideration the flow of traffic at that time of day ... so I decided to just stop in at Chick Fil-A to get the boys some chocolate milk and a chicken snack/fries and then let them play for awhile.
 Little Aidan has grown up so much ... even in the last few months. He wants to play with everything now and be included in these play areas. He does not venture UP into the climbing area, thankfully, because he still will NOT slide down a slide without a lap to sit on.
 We played for a little while and then we took the 35+ minute drive downtown to St. George's to meet Kelly there and drop Brendan off.
 Aidan is too little for Vacation Church School ... so I had to (reluctantly) give him back to Kelly.
This was a rather exhausting afternoon. I missed "connecting" with the boys like I can do when I don't have to divide my attention between them. I know that's a bit "lame" but I am NOT 30 any more. In a few days, I am scheduled to have Brendan only for an afternoon ... so I am looking forward to that.

No comments: