Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Indescribable Gifts

Saturday night into Sunday, June 8 and 9:  Emma came back to my house after I dropped Kaity off. We studied our 17th lesson on the Kings and Prophets concentrating on Jeroboam. What a story. How sad to live such a evil life and leave such a terrible legacy to an entire nation. And the Lord gave him so many chances to make a different choice! God has such MERCY. I'm amazed by Him.

After we did our Bible study, we watched "Left Behind." I'm not a 100% fan of Tim LaHaye or even of this particular series ... it's been about 20 years now since the books were out and then the movies were made. But Emma has asked many questions about the book of Revelation and future events, etc. I thought watching the movie would give us a good starting place for more conversations ... and yes, we had a lot of good talking about Jesus returning to earth and what that might look like. I love sharing stuff like this with Emma because I love her deeply and want her to know the Truth. So much of prophetic Scripture is difficult to understand and I am careful to tell her that I do not have definite time tables or very many answers. It's good for us to challenge ourselves, though, and remember that Jesus could return at any second!

We went to church Sunday morning. Pastor Jim had returned from his study break. He taught from Isaiah 50 and 51. The message was titled, "Wake Up!" It was SO good to remember that we can bring our complaints to the Lord and ask Him to wake up on our behalf! We can ask Him to help us, rescue us, redeem the people we love ... pour out our hearts to Him. BUT the Lord also asks US to wake up and stop SLEEPWALKING through life! He wants us to be ready to serve Him and others every day.

After church, we ate lunch at the Cracker Barrell by Rivertown. I love taking Emma to eat here. Cracker Barrell has such a lovely store to brouse through. I love shopping with Emma. It's wonderful to watch her and find out what she likes. After we ate our yummy meal, we went over to Rivertown to shop for some summer clothes. When we parked the car, I told Emma we were going to pray that God would help us find just the right items and to keep us within our budget. He answered both prayers! And it was SO MUCH FUN shopping for clothes for her. There are some things that just go beyond words for me, and this is one of them. I was so completely filled up with love by the time I brought Emma back to her house, that I practically floated home. The whole day had been such a GIFT to me. 

No comments: