Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Filled up with Aidan Paul ...

Monday, June 3:  I got to be the one to wake Aidan up from his nap over at his house, earlier this afternoon. I went into his room and kissed his soft face. He woke up with a big smile and crawled right into my arms. We got him ready to go to my house and then played the rest of the afternoon together. He was very happy to see the horses and "neighed" rather loudly at them while showing them off to his stuffed friend ...

 When it was time for lunch, Aidan thought that I would maybe let him sit at the table on a regular chair, but I coaxed him out of that and into a chair where I could have more "control" (ah, now there's a word for you!) ... over what exactly happened to the food he would eat (where it would end up, etc.). It's a pain being a neat-nic. 

"Mmmm ... nothing like a fresh cucumber
and a stuffed rabbit ..."

 Then we strolled over to the neighborhood playground and climbed stairs for awhile. 
 Aidan met an almost five-year-old girl by the name of Olivia, who was quite taken with him. Her great grandfather was with her and it turns out he and his wife have just moved into the complex here. They go to Calvary Church too!

 Then we strolled back to my house and hung out here for awhile. It is not difficult to hang out with Aidan. He is the sweetest little boy I have ever met ...
 We chilled out on the front deck for a while ...
 And then we went inside where Aidan got the trains out and built himself a little layout ...


 Aidan seranaded me on my piano, mostly just switching the pages in my book ...
 Ah, but THEN, Aidan remembered the little bronze shoes that he loves so much. The shoe on the right is a copy of MY first baby shoe. The one on the left is my brother, Kevin's shoe. My grandma Mary had bronze shoes made for every one of her grandchildren--a keepsake for her and for us too. I believe she made duplicates and upon our wedding, we were gifted our little shoe!
Aidan decidedly LOVES these shoes and desperately wants to wear them on HIS feet. Not a chance! So I consoled him by putting them on Paco Pig. They are too big for him, but Aidan is pleased nonetheless.

Paco: "Aidan keeps wanting me to eat HOT DOGS!
Yuck ... never!"
 Aidan always enjoys my fake food and kitchen stuff ...


"Boy, grandma ... if you would just NOT
overcook the waffles ... they would be easier to cut!"

 He even pretended the fake lemon was a football and kicked it around the house for a little while. Oh the things that amuse a 2-year-old!
 BUT THEN ... Aidan remembered the LEGO camera, which completely does NOT take real photos; but Aidan doesn't know the difference. He took "pictures" for the longest time and was SUPER serious about it.
"Smile, grandma!"
 This is the face of a serious future photographer!

"One second ... I have to adjust the lens!"

"Oh, grandma ... that smile was awful!"

"Maybe if I get down on my knees (like grandma does),
I'll get a better shot ..."

"Taking a selfie is harder than it looks!"

"Oh man, I messed up! You should SEE
this picture, it's hilarious!"
 Aidan got Paco in on his photography for the day ...
"Okay, Paco. YOU take the picture. It's not hard!"

"Maybe if I smoosh my nose up to the lens ..."

"Paco ... you can take a banana break while
I adjust the settings ..."

"Man! This camera just isn't behaving!"

"Okay, Paco ... hold that smile ... yes!"

"Sometimes grandma Carol bends WAY DOWN to get a good
picture ... I'll try it!"
 Sigh. Now it is time to take you back to your house, Aidan!
 Aidan was getting droopy on the way home, since it is a 30+ minute drive back to his house at this time of day ... he was almost asleep (which I didn't want to have happen), so I told him we were going home to mama and asked him where she was. "Mama?" Aidan smiled and kept looking for her the rest of the way home.
Spending these hours with Aidan fills me up with warmth and happiness ... love him so much.

No comments: