Monday, July 12, 2021

July 10 and 11 with EMMA

Saturday Night/Sunday:  I dropped Kaity off to Jesse at 8PM and exchanged her for Emma. Emma had been tubing and kayaking most of the day with friends from work. It sounded like a lot of fun. I was so glad to hear she had spent a good chunk of her day with friends.

We watched half of the fourth Scarry Potter movie Saturday night and retired around 11PM. We attended the 9:45 at Calvary, ate lunch and napped half the afternoon! Emma had worked Friday night until 12:30 and then met her friends early Saturday--so she missed out on some sleep. I edited pictures from Deer Park while Emma napped, and then I dozed off for an hour too!

It was another cool and cloudy day most of Sunday. We didn't really make plans to DO anything. We did finish the Harry Potter movie and we talked about some things related to the story--I had a lot of questions. Emma says the books are better (they ALWAYS are!) and explain the story further--so she filled me in and helped me make sense of it.

I sensed a sadness about Emma Sunday afternoon. I thought perhaps it was because she was tired, but when I asked her while we were driving back to her house, she told me she was lonely--oh my heart--and sad about being lonely and not being able to meet Christian people her age. I need to buckle down and be more dedicated about asking God to answer this prayer. Emma NEEDS peers/friends who desire to walk with God--people that she can hang around with who are trying to follow Jesus. Please answer this prayer, Lord. And also, please bring healing to Emma's heart about so many painful memories and losses. I love her so much. I know You love her even more.


No comments: