Wednesday, July 21, 2021

July 20 At my house with Erin and Aidan

Tuesday:  Brendan was booked at "Tech Camp" this week, so we didn't get to have him over today. Aidan and Erin came, all ready to do their usual stuff. I was happy to see them playing with a toy we haven't played with very much lately--the Alphabet Robots!

Look at Erin's expression ... she kills me.
Aidan was VERY into transforming all of the letters into robots.
Aidan very reluctantly "allowed" Erin to transform a few letters too.


I love to watch these sweet little people at play. They are SO inquisitive. They just love to learn new things. And they LOVE to build stuff.



Erin and Aidan got all 26 letters transformed and lined up together. Erin and I were matching them up by colors ... but Aidan didn't want any part of that (I didn't even realize I was doing that ... until I was actually DOING it ... yikes). 

Both kiddos built with our magnet toys for at least an hour. They built houses and furniture and stairways and trucks ...
Erin enjoyed feeding Matey. He happens to really really really LOVE cucumbers--especially when hand-fed to him by this little maidan.




Erin does a really good job with Matey. She isn't one bit afraid of him and will follow him all over the house trying to get him to perch on her finger.

Isn't Matey a beautiful bird?


We had a very full day. I admit to letting the children watch "Frozen" ... I thought perhaps we would just watch an hour of it, but we ended up watching the entire movie. I was enjoying SITTING down for more than a few seconds at a time and got a little sleepy ... 

This is Erin ... I would say she was a little bit sleepy too ... she fell asleep about 15 minutes shy of her house while I played pretty music in the car.


We didn't get to Dylan and Kelly's until almost 6:00. I have a few more pictures to show you from their house tonight. 

No comments: