Thursday, July 29, 2021

July 29 Good times with KT

Thursday:  Kaity and I got invited over to Brenda's to swim in her refreshing pool at the condo complex where she lives. We swam from 3:30 until 6:00! Yay! We practically had the entire pool to ourselves and the water was SO WARM and wonderful. I failed to take any pictures there, but that's because I've been trying to live more in the moment instead of always being distracted with my camera and recording "memories". Emma has been talking to me about this!

We drove to my house with Kaity telling me how hungry she was during the drive. We ate our usual hotdogs, chips, jello and other goodies and then I showed Kaity some of the books I checked from the library this week. I was so glad to be able to pick up a few more books by Mo Willems. He is one of Kaity's absolute favorite authors.

Kaity decided it would be a very good thing to read all FOUR of the books to her baby doll, Angel--as well as her stuffed cat ... Roxie. 
Yes -- I know these books are UNDER Kaity's age group for reading comprehension and ability, etc. But Kaity really doesn't usually get very excited about books in general, and reading has been challenging for her. I think she does very well, though! She reads with a lot of expression. These books cracked her up--me too!

I love to read--have ALWAYS LOVED to read! It always warms my heart up to see Kaity ENJOY reading, even if the books are "beneath" her grade level--who cares?




I love you, Kaity-Girl. Good job reading tonight. It sure was a wonderful time with you!
 

No comments: