Saturday, July 24, 2021

July 23 Bonus time with Kaity

Friday Evening:  I don't usually see any kiddos on Fridays. Usually, it's kind of a catch-up day around the house--laundry, grocery shopping, etc. BUT ... an unusual and rather serious situation arose late Wednesday with one of Jesse's closest friends in the whole world. His dear friend was admitted to the hospital in serious condition. It's a long story and quite personal, so I won't go into any details. Suffice it to say that Jesse desired to go and visit him in the Critical Care Unit at the hospital.

So ... I did my usual clean-up around the house, as well as running a rather crucial errand over to the Kia Dealership. Thankfully, Jesse noticed oil spots on his driveway--consistent with where I always pull in to pick up Kaity or Emma. He said this has occurred over the last few weeks. I photographed the "spots", but couldn't find them duplicated in my own driveway due to the fact that my cement is old and dark and cracked everywhere. I felt it was pretty important to check this out over at the dealership--so before I did my grocery shopping today, I drove over to Kia. As a result, I waited from 11AM until 12:30 PM but ended up having cost-free service and kind words from the service people. Evidently when I had the car in a little more than two weeks for a timing chain replacement, they put in a brand new gasket (whatever those are) but when they inspected it, they found a crack in it which was allowing oil to leak out. They replaced the gasket with another new one and now ... all is well! Good call, Jesse! Thank you, Lord, that Jesse caught this and that I was able to get it taken care of in a timely fashion today at no cost.

Anyway, back to the rest of the day. I grocery shopped, did a bit of weekend planning, painted a rock--or at least TRIED to ... and then I drove over to Jesse's to spend time with Kaity while he traveled over to the hospital.

I stayed at Kaity's and played with her at HER house tonight. We played a bnch of games like hide 'n seek with her dolls, etc. We also played quite a few of my home-made (kind of) Memory Game. Paco had come over to see Lily (!!!) and so the two of them played the game with us (!!!). Kaity "filmed" the entire thing ... like ELEVEN minutes of it. She kills me.


Jesse was home by 8:30 and I immediately returned home to my little place. I had a little bit more painting I wanted to do and I was pretty tired from my day.

OH! Also, I talked with my dear friend, Karen, today. She is going to put her "radar up" and be listening for a good place for Emma. It was wonderful to talk with Karen today. We ALWAYS have so much to share with each other about our families. I love her so much. Thank you for good friends, Lord. Please answer our prayers for Karen's grandchildren and especially her daughter, Carmen. Please continue to bring healing to Jesse's friend, and point him to YOU.
 

No comments: