Monday, July 26, 2021

July 24 A little bit topsy-turvy

Saturday:  Today was one of those sticky-hot, super-wet summer days. I knew that anywhere I took Kaity to swim would be crowded like crazy ... but I took her anyway. We once again went to Richmond Pool. Sigh. Crowded doesn't begin to describe it! And mostly with middle school kids who were quite wild ...


We swam for about 90 minutes--well, I only swam for 45 minutes--it was just TOO crowded for me and really LOUD and really CRAZY. I did not envy the lifeguards a single bit. They tried to keep things in line with their whistles and instructions--but it's pretty hard to maintain patience when your instructions are totally ignored. Kaity doesn't seem to understand how WRONG it is to disobey people in authority--she does really well about following the instructions, but seems dismayed when kids are called out for NOT keeping in line. There was also a lot of boy/girl serious flirtations with really rough-looking and acting adolescent kids. My heart was sad just watching them interact with each other. Kaity was intrigued with the whole "show" and it concerned me how much she expressed wanting to be "like those guys." Kaity is a pre-teen, but she isn't completely naive about the interworkings of boy/girl relationships. Anyway, I survived the 90 minutes we were there, but I was super glad to leave and come back to my place.

However, Kaity-Girl was really out of sorts over here. There wasn't really anything she wanted to do. We ate a healthy and fun supper together and played just a little bit, but she kept going over to the couch and lying down. She looked exhausted. Perhaps she was! 

I finally turned on a movie--which I regret, because the story was so poorly written and completely boring. Usually, even when we are watching a really fun and interesting movie, Kaity doesn't make it more than 30 minutes. But she just laid on the couch during the entire excruciating 90 minutes of this yucky story. It was called "Pets United" ... which we thought might be some of the pets from "The Secret Lives of Pets" but ... no. I took Kaity back to Jesse at 7:30, but my heart was sad. It was almost as if Kaity didn't want to be here today--like there wasn't enough to "entertain" her. Perhaps she was just tired. Love you, dear Kaity.

No comments: