Wednesday, July 7, 2021

July 3 Two more rocks

Saturday:  I finished painting two more rocks! YAY! 


The first two pictures were taken BEFORE I put on the finishing gloss that seals in the paint. I took the rocks to my outside front deck to apply the sealer, which is liquid and you apply it with a brush. After all of the work I did on these two rocks (the Hosanna rock had been painted, scratched, re-painted ... repeat 5x), when I took the brush to apply the sealer, it smeared the lettering rather badly. Enough to where I had to bring them back inside and make a host of repairs.

I like the lettering in the first two pictures much better than the bottom two after I tried my best to salvage what I could and be DONE. I decided to go to Michael's and buy a SPRAY sealer that would accomplish the same result as the brushed on kind. Duh. The rocks have now been added to my rock garden and they are going to just remain as they are--flawed, but ... that's OK.

No comments: