Monday, July 12, 2021

July 10 Three girls at Deer Park

Saturday:  Do you remember me talking about ALWAYS having a PLAN B? Well ... I was rather forced into a Plan B on Saturday. Here is how it went--rather last minute (after checking the weather reports confirming cool temps remaining throughout the day) I decided it might be fun to take Kaity over to Deer Park. I packed snacks for her, a flashlight, and thought I would be picking Kaity up from Jesse at 3:00. However, when I drove up Jesse's driveway, there was not just Kaity ... but also Kenzie and Harper--all three girls were rearing to go! Kenzie said she checked with her mom, handed me $$ for the entrance fee and Kaity seemed on-board with it--so ... I took the car seat out of the back seat of my car so that three girls could sit back there and put Plan B into effect. Since the Beach House is right on the way to Deer Park, we decided to stop by and grab a few more flashlights and snacks and then we drove over to the Park.

First, the girls played on the outside playground a little while. We went inside where the girls played in the JAIL. It seems Kenzie and Harper had been arrested for robbing a bank and were thrown in the klink by the sherriff.

We visited the 100 acre wood and fed the guinea pigs ...


These "pigs" are about four weeks old. I had no idea they enjoyed eating raw carrotts.



Our next stop was the bears. We threw some carrotts at them and watched them play for a little while.

Then we went over to the Budgie Bird house and fed a LOT of birds ...
I had to tell Kaity and Harper to get off the fence (after noticing the red sign!) and they complied.
The girls all played in the tunnels for a long time. They even "ran into" a neighbor friend by the name of Gracie.
Here they are coming out of one of the tunnels ...
We pretended the girls were being attacked by a grizzly bear (yikes) ...
We fed baby bunnies--they were just a few weeks old. So soft and cute.
We watched mama pig feed her babies for awhile ...
The girls played at the pig playground ...


Look at the young ewe's!
We learned a little bit about Alpaca's too!


Harper requested we re-visit the bunny house, so we did ...

And we went back to the birdhouse too ...






It was nice and cool temps this afternoon/evening to walk around the Park and visit with the animals. These are high-energy kiddos ... I found it a bit difficult to keep up with them--but I did! What a nice place Deer Park is!

Kaity is off to Camp Greenwood this week. She and Kenzie are in the same cabin and will be gone from Sunday through Friday! I am praying that Kaity will have a really good time. She has never even been on a sleepover before in her life--I am having a difficult time picturing her going to bed when everyone goes to bed--but I am hoping that Kaity learns more about the Lord this week and that she will want to give her heart to Jesus.

No comments: