Friday, July 16, 2021

July 16 More Rocks

Friday:  After painting, re-painting, meticulously correcting each and every letter (and being VERY unhappy in the process) ... I have finished three more rocks. This is not to say that I LIKE them--only that I am DONE with them. I pray only that the Lord will be glorified in them, and that His Word will be read and be a blessing. I'll post these pictures, complete with all of their very apparent flaws ...

The first picture:  The BIG rock on the right had been ready for glazing for a week, but I wanted all three rocks to be together, so I waited for the others ... the bottom left rock was SUPPOSED to say, "the Name above all names is Jesus" ... but I ran out of room as I was lettering it so instead it says: "The Name above all is Jesus" which I think means essentially the same thing. The top left rock was painted at LEAST 7 different times--what I mean is that it was TOTALLY scratched and RE-painted that many times. The final time I decided to try a few different paint pens and I was actually "satisfied" with the outcome--so I finally took them outside to spray the glaze ... when low and behold ... evidently the different paint pens RUN when sprayed with glaze. Now the rock was RUINED once again. SO ... I gave it up. It has now been RE-spray painted totally white and is awaiting its fate.

Instead, I went with this other rock (see below) that I had been using to wipe my paint brushes on, not with any intent in mind until suddenly it began to remind me of a wave (kind of) ... so I wrote "The wind and waves still know His name" on it. I'm not crazy about it, but ... I DO love thinking about the power of His wonderful Name ...
Here are the three finished rocks, now glazed and sitting in my rock garden. 
After all of the fussing I make over painting rocks, I must tell you that I DO enjoy painting them and I find that it is very good therapy for me. So I guess I will continue. I have a LOT of rocks.

No comments: