Wednesday, July 7, 2021

July 6 with Aidan and Erin

Tuesday: Brendan was at a LEGO camp today ... so once again, I had only Aidan and Erin to take care of today. I miss Brendan! I have to figure out an afternoon (soon!) to have him one-on-one and do something fun with him.

It was hotter than blazes at my little house today -- 86 degrees inside the house, with a high humidity. After playing for a tiny bit inside, the kiddos requested that I set up the water table and get out the water toys ... so that's what we did! This is Aidan and Erin watching me from the window ...
I think sometimes I have too many toys ... because you see, after getting all of that cool water stuff out from the shed and getting it just RIGHT, it turned out that they were far more happy using my hose and washing my car! And they washed my car for a VERY LONG TIME!



Aren't they the cutest little kiddos?






We came back inside and settled down to watch "The Polar Express" ... but Aidan wasn't feeling well and spent most of the rest of our time sitting on the potty with a very sick little face. I felt him and he was "hot" to touch. I couldn't locate a decent thermometer, but I now wonder if he was just overheated. Kelly doesn't tolerate the heat well--perhaps Aidan has a similar reaction.

Aidan and Erin slept on the ride home. They were tired. It had been the hottest afternoon in my house that I can remember. It was almost enough to make me wonder WHY on earth I don't have air conditioning! Dylan later texted me that Aidan was not running a temperature--so that's good. I think he was just TOO hot. We missed you today, Brendan!
 

No comments: