Monday, July 19, 2021

July 17 with Kaity and Emma

Saturday:  Emma spent the night here at the Beach House Friday night. We asked Diana if we could pick Kaity up at 2:30 and take her over to Richmond Pool to swim. So that is what we did! It was very fun to watch Emma and Kaity have so much fun swimming together. I had fun too! I neglected to take my camera OR my phone with me into the pool area, so I did not get any pictures of the girls together. It was a nice day to be at Richmond--it had been a little bit cooler and rainy near the end of the week and for some reason, it was not overly crowded. I thought the water would freeze me out--but I actually stayed in and swam and entire 30 minutes!

When the 4:00 buzzer rang, we packed up our stuff and headed on over to my house. I ran around getting dinner ready for us while the girls got on the computer and watched a Youtube video by Moriah Elizabeth--an instruction about drawing--which they practiced together.

After we ate and cleaned up, Kaity and I went into the playroom and messed around for awhile. She was still quite tired from her week at camp--which Kaity told us she enjoyed very much. So we did some very low-key building with blocks and just chatted and played with Kaity's babydoll.
Kaity took the pictures of our various color-sorted buildings, as well as this darling selfie of her and Angel.
Also, I asked Kaity to read an Elephant and Piggie book to Emma--so Kaity chose to read "I am a Frog!" and after that, Kaity read, "I LOVE Slop!" Kaity did a very wonderful job reading with expression. Emma only had to help her out twice with a difficult word or two.
Emma tossed her sketches out--at least I think that's what she did, because I cannot find them! But here are Kaity's. Nice drawing, Kaity-Girl!
It was a blessing to have Emma and Kaity here together this afternoon/evening ... a special blessing--which my heart needed very badly. Thank you, Lord.

No comments: