Monday, July 26, 2021

July 24 and 25 with Emma

Saturday/Sunday:  Emma and I were ready for bed and actually IN BED by a little after 9:30 Saturday night. We were scheduled to meet with one of the Children's Ministry coordinators during 2nd service at Calvary--so we attended first service (9:00 AM) and then met with Zach, who walked us around the children's ministry area and got acquainted with us a little bit. We are scheduled to volunteer beginning next Sunday in the "Bears" room (3's and 4's). 

We came home from church, ate our lunch, and took about a 40-minute nap--which felt great and was super refreshing.


We knew it would be crowded at the beach no matter which beach we chose--so we went to Pere Marquette and had a really difficult time finding parking that was anywhere near to being close--so we drove around ahile and finally ended up in a section where we've never been swimming before--it was nice and close to the water. As we were looking for a parking place, we noticed one of the big ships coming into port--but today, we did not "chase" it. 
We swam for a little over an hour in Lake Michigan with waves that were just right--maybe 2-3 feet. It was very refreshing. Afterwards, we took about a 30-minute walk ...
I hardly took any pictures at all. We weren't close enough to the breakwater to get any good pictures of the lighthouse--and since I have 1,000's already from this very place, I was content to just snap a few to chronicle our day.
We drove back to my place, ate dinner, and then settled down to watch the Harry Potter movie the covers book six. I'm re-naming them "Scarry Potter" ... yow! However could ANYONE make up stories as dark as these?!?!? I am glad, though, that Emma and I are watching them. They have influenced an entire generation+ of people, so it is good to know what is going on in the story. Besides, these books are the first series of books Emma has ever read! Perhaps this has opened up an entire new world of reading for her. I have often said that "reading is the highest form of pleasure" ... it has been that for me ever since I learned to read.

No comments: