Friday, July 9, 2021

July 8 Library with Kaity

Thursday:  Today the forecast was for RAIN and lots of it! Plus, the temperature had cooled down by about 15 degrees from yesterday. Kaity "messaged" me early afternoon wanting to know if we were or were NOT going to be swimming today. I messaged her back "NO." She asked "WHY?" And I told her it was TOO cold and TOO rainy to go swimming. I told Kaity we would play at my house. She did not seem thrilled with my answer.

Before leaving for Kaity's, I gathered together all of my past-due library books (I had quite a few that were supposed to be returned LAST Friiday ... but ... I've been super busy) and took Kaity to the library with me to return them. Naturally, we picked out a bunch of books to replace them. We had a good time at the library! We picked out a research packet that had the word game "Popcorn" in it and played it for more than 30 minutes! Yay, Kaity! Kaity did really well on with this game of words beginning with blends.

Kaity's students--Paco, Liam, and Lily, all played the game too. It was very fun!

Kaity got Charlie out to play with him while I made a little dinner for us.

Kaity read THREE books out loud today--all Mo Willems books (Elephant and Piggie). She read, "I am a Frog!", "I Love my New Toy!" and "I Really Like Slop!" She did a very good job reading. She laughed all through each story. What great books!
We also checked out a launchpad that is loaded with stories and a few games. 
In spite of not being able to do any swimming at all today, we had a good few hours together. I am very thankful for our public library and for the Lord being with us throughout our time today.
 

No comments: