Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A few pictures from yesterday ...

In just a few hours, Sabrina's family will be here ... just wanted to give a quick update before that happens. Close to two weeks ago now as I was leaving El Paso, I came down with some kind of bacterial infection. Spending the night and getting a deep chill at O'Hare probably didn't help ... but I've essentially been sick since arriving home. And to make a long story (it's not very interesting) short, I've been under a physician's care and am in the middle of an antibiotic regimen that is kicking the infection out ... slowly.

Every year, the preparation for Christmas is quite the thing and I usually stay on top of things, organizing, baking, cleaning ... getting ready! And I was pretty much right where I expected to be before I left for Texas ... all my ducks were in a nice, neat row!

Seriously, I haven't been this sick in close to 40 years. I do remember the last time and it was between high school and college ... the summer I had mono and a deep throat infection that lasted six weeks. I'm so glad that I am beginning to feel better ~ and it's only been TWO weeks!

Having said that, none of the Christmas presents were wrapped as of yesterday ... so Dylan and Kelly came over and did it FOR me ...
They even liked the idea of making our own wrapping paper out of tissue and stamping Christmas images was ... F-U-N ... so this might even become a tradition! :)
They wrapped every single present ~ beautifully ~ and they are all under our tree!
Later in the afternoon, Emily and Jeremiah stopped by for a few hours ...
Couldn't resist showing you Little Mister since we did take a few snapshots of him. Adam will join everyone this weekend ~ he's flying in from Minneapolis ~ so, we'll have lots and lots of pictures to post ... later. I may actually have to post in retrospect, which I don't enjoy very much ... but being sick only allows a person so much energy and time ...

1 comment:

judy hand said...

Way to go Dylan and Kelly. Cute little mister. Take care Carol.