Sunday, June 2, 2019

Welcome, JUNE!

Saturday, June 1:  It was another GOOD Saturday around here, and I'm so thankful. I'm learning that I always, always, always have to have a PLAN B ready due to weather and circumstances beyond my control.

I picked up Emma today at 3:30. We picked Chris and Andy up over at AMC and then we drove over to where Jesse was (he was helping a friend with a renovation project) where we picked up Kaity. We took Andy to her house, brought Chris back to his house, and then just the girls came with me back to my house. Matthew stayed with Jesse to continue working on the project. We spent a little extra car time doing all of this run-around stuff, but do you know something? It was just fine! I like to be helpful, don't you? And the girls were very good sports about it, and it was nice to actually SEE Christopher--even if he was only in the back seat of my car!
Dear Kaity prefers outdoor stuff, and she likes to GO PLACES! But it had rained (most of the week, actually) very hard Saturday morning and all the way until I picked everyone up ... so I told Kaity we would be doing inside play today. She made a sad face, and my heart was sad too--but what choice do we have? Thankfully, I picked up a game that I thought Kaity might enjoy. She was naturally intrigued to hear about a "new" game ...

The game is "Head Banz" and it is one that I've seen Brendan play and enjoy. I bought it Saturday, right before I picked up the kids. Kaity took one look at it and KNEW it would be fun because, you see, it is a guessing game. Kaity is all about hide 'n seek, and a game we call the "Y-E-S" and "N-O" game we do in the car when we are bored. So Kaity and I played Head Banz for an hour! She loved it. Yes!

We also played soccer out in my street. The rain had finally stopped, my street is quiet (as far as traffic is concerned), and Kaity loves to run and chase balls! I'm old ... but I STILL enjoy playing outside and kicking a ball around is good exercise for me! 

And what was Emma up to? Well, she'd been studying for final exams while at her house and she needed a break from that. She was catching up on some of her "phone stuff" and resting while Kaity and I played. We all enjoyed a good meal together too. But then it was time to take Kaity home. We were informed by my neighbor that a storm was on the way, with high winds and possible hail ... so we quickly left my house and drove to Kaity's. Jesse and Matthew were home at just about the same time, anticipating the bad weather. We did get the rain, but nothing severe ... some lightning and thunder, but Emma and I were back here by then.

Emma and I ended up watching TWO episodes of "Sherlock Holmes" before we crashed into bed. Much of these episodes flew right by my brain ... but it is enjoyable just to be with Emma, and she "gets" this show. I love just being with her, no matter what. Thank you, Lord, for such a good Saturday!

No comments: