Friday, November 25, 2022

November 24 Thanksgiving

Thursday:  After making a double batch of turkey stuffing this morning, I placed it in a crock pot, grabbed my freshly baked pumpkin bread (Starbuck's recipe) and French bread (Arnie's bakery) and drove over to Dylan and Kelly's to eat dinner at noon. I arrived about an hour early so that I could free up Kelly in the kitchen--play with the children--or whatever she needed me to do. Upon arriving, Dylan told me that Kelly was sick. The illness that had gone through their entire household, finally got HER. She had already prepped everything for the meal--all was in the oven cooking or on the stove top--so she went up to bed and Dylan and I took care of watching over the food and then serving it to the kiddos. We had a ton of food and it was delicious. 

Football began at 1:00, so the timing of our lunch worked out perfectly. Everyone went downstairs to watch the game and I elected to clean up the kitchen as best as I could before I joined them. Everything worked out really well. We sure missed having Kelly with us--but I am glad she decided to go to bed and just sleep. Sometimes our body doesn't give us any choice in the matter!

Cal really enjoyed his whipped cream
and pumpkin pie--mostly the whipped cream!


Aidan wanted me to photograph his
"shots" ... so I tried my best!




The Lions/Bills game was on--it was a good game ... with a disappointing loss right at the very end of the game. 



Isn't Cal something? He is an interesting little person, for sure! Thankfully, he still loves to cuddle and hug. So does Erin!
I love him to pieces. 

These two! Three years apart. They are starting to enjoy playing together more and more. Cal's kind of rough on Aidan ... but then ... Aidan is kind of rough on Cal too.

Dear Erin--I love you, baby girl. She wasn't feeling 100% either and just laid on the bean bag and let me play with her hair and rub her back for the longest time.


Brendan was still really under the weather from this respiratory "bug" they have all experienced. I think Brendan has had it the longest and perhaps the worst. He missed two days of school this week too. I was sad to see him feeling miserably still.
By mid-afternoon, Cal was quite tired; so he cuddled up with Dylan, who read him some "Gossie and Gertie" books for awhile ...
Cal finally gave in and ... slept! I love this picture of Dylan and Callaghan.
Shane was here too. In the past I have been asked not to take pictures of him; and since I haven't been told differently, I try very hard to respect his wishes. However, it leaves me with no recent photos of him whatsoever. I guess that's okay. My brain still works well enough to see him when I want to see him! The picture I see tonight is of Shane playing with Aidan (rough-housing, tickling etc.) on the floor of their basement while watching the Lions' game. I see Shane talking kindly to Brendan, laughing with Aidan--enjoying him and Aidan clearly loving his uncle right back. Cal too, and Erin--they clearly adore Shane. It's a happy memory that I will cherish, even without a photograph.

No comments: