Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A broken tooth, a fish bone, and the stomach flu!

The past few days have been kind of physically challenging for me. I was eating lunch one day last week when part of one of my molars broke off and left a sharp and jagged edge which rubbed on and cut my tongue to pieces! The dentist was able to sand down those edges, thankfully, but also told me I needed a crown on that tooth . . . kind of expensive, kind of depressing, and painful too! I have appointments set up to get all of this dental work done and I'm not looking forward to it. The cost is completely out of my budget, and I have kind of a phobia about dentists in general, and pain in particular.

Our Logos Class Super Bowl party was being held this year at our house! I'm always happy to have folk over, and I love parties. So I have been cleaning and organizing the house, getting ready to enjoy our nice group of friends. Mr. Jones and I were eating some leftover fish for our lunch Sunday, and would you believe that a fish bone got caught in my throat sideways and just stayed there? It was very uncomfortable too! It was too far down to reach in and dislodge it. I figured it would work its way down long before our friends arrived for the party ... but it didn't!
We had 19 adults and 3 children at our house Sunday night. We had a really good time. I wasn't really very interested in the game itself, but some of the men folk were. We had people in every room of this house!
A good time was had by all. There was plenty of really yummy food, good conversation, and rich fellowship. Some of our friends invited friends of theirs, whom we had never met, to come to the party with them. So it was great to get to know some new folk as well. All the while, though, that crazy fish bone was still in my throat scratching away! I ate a bunch of different food (and too much dessert) but it refused to go all the way down my throat. Very uncomfortable!
One of the couples new to us Sunday night had been to Israel in the past and were really interested in seeing the transcript and pictures of our study tour, so it was very fun to share that with them. We had so much to talk about! I think the party was a success, and most people were very happy the Giants won the Super Bowl.

However, afterwards, in the middle of the night I woke up feeling really sick and have been sick ever since. The good news, though, is that the fish bone must have floated on down my throat. But now I have the stomach flu! Good grief! That's what I get for eating so many yummy desserts! It's Tuesday evening now and I think I am finally on the mend. I had four crackers to eat yesterday, all of which ejected themselves immediately from my system in a very unpleasant fashion. Today, I have eaten one piece of toast and a few more crackers with better results. Hopefully the week will progress without any more physical problems! :)

1 comment:

Ruthanne said...

So sorry to hear that you have been having all those things to deal with! I totally have a phobia about going to the dentist and I must go soon before I end up losing all my teeth, but that doesn't even move me!! Fortunately, I have dental insurance - but even with that it is very expensive for a crown - I need several! I hope the flu is gone and that you feel well soon. Love you!