Sunday, February 3, 2008

A much better SUPER SATURDAY!

I decided to try another Super Saturday last night. I met my friend Michelle over at church, and we worked with younger children this time. Much better. I am far more at ease in a setting with lots of toys and games and clutter all over the floor . . . so much more like home! This is the five-year-old group and there were 24 children. That's a lot of very little, very wound-up kids! Several small girls attached themselves to me and I would tell you all of their names if I could. Don't they have beautiful little faces? Dejanae and Tijauna (the two in the picture) liked doing puzzles, so we did a bunch of those together. Tijauna told me she liked my voice very much! There was lots of time for playing and then all of the children were gathered together for singing and the Bible lesson. The leaders were very well organized, and I thought the children were pretty well behaved. Dinner was served in a somewhat orderly fashion, and then it was time for everyone to line up for the buses. I am better at working with this age group, and since they need help here on Saturday nights, I think this is the place for me!

No comments: