Friday, July 3, 2009

Nothing compares to His glory ...

"I have heard about you, LORD, and I am filled with awe
by the amazing things You have done!"
Habakkuk 3:2

We've had a quiet week here in COLD W. Michigan. For three days in a row, the temperature did not get out of the 60's! Outrageous. We did get some much needed rain, though, for which I am thankful ... but hardly any sunshine! Living where we live, close to some of the prettiest places I have ever seen, the weather is hardly an inhibitor to the beauty. I took a walk yesterday afternoon. Here are a few of my pictures ...


I love this horse and the property where he lives. It's just a quick 5-minute walk from our house. I often go there just to see this beautiful creature. If I make that sound inside my mouth that the guys in old cowboy movies use to make (you know the one!) to call their horses ... he comes as close as he can get to me! See how he has changed positions in the pictures? I think he likes me!
I was hoping that maybe the owners would be outside on a gorgeous day like this so that I could introduce myself, meet them, and learn about their horse. But no one was outside.
So I walked a few blocks and just took photos of the stunning flowers ... everywhere!
Their amazing color, design, shape ... detail!

The choir at church sang a song a few months back ... I loved it right away. Here are some of the lyrics:

The sun in all its brilliance blazing at high noon
but nothing compares to the glory of You!
The stars in shining splendor dancing 'round the moon
but nothing compares to the glory of You!
King of wonders here on earth
what comes close to Your worth?

CHORUS:
Nothing compares to the glory
Nothing compares to the glory
Nothing compares to the glory of You!

Endless open oceans pure and crystal blue
but nothing compares to the glory of You!
Strong majestic mountains, such breathtaking views
but nothing compares to the glory of You!
(Bridge) You, Our God and Savior
You, O great Creator
Earth and heaven worship You!

Repeat Chorus
[Nothing Compares to the Glory, by Tony Wood and Twila LaBar]


"God, the Holy One ... His brilliant splendor fills the heavens, and the earth is filled with His praise! What a wonderful God he is!" Habakkuk 3:3 What comes close to His worth?!!

No comments: