Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Why I love lighthouses ...

Just the other day I was asked why it was that I loved lighthouses! I have lots and lots of reasons actually. But foremost is because God uses lighthouses to remind me of Him. I can't look at one without thinking of His wonderful Light ... and all of the beautiful images in Scripture about light versus darkness. A. W. Tozer said, "The only safe light for our path is the light which is reflected from Christ, the Light of the world!" Yes! Only in Christ is safety, security, hope, a way out, direction ... a pathway! "This is the way ... walk in it!" God says.
I haven't really come home yet from Little Point Sable. I took a lot of pictures. It was difficult to take a bad one ... because God made everything so perfectly beautiful ... and He is SO beautiful, isn't He? So I'm editing these photographs and just staying put ... where I can think about Him, rejoice in His love, and rest safely in His direction for my life.

No comments: