Sunday, April 7, 2013

Lots and LOTS of Brendan pictures ...

Brendan's HAPPY smile on his 1st birthday!
I haven't posted any pictures of Brendan on this blog in quite awhile ~ actually, I haven't done anything at all on this blog for quite awhile. I have been very busy designing cards and I'm getting close to "launching" a card business ... but not quite yet! But back to Brendan ...

Baby Brendan had a really nice first birthday party. Lots and lots of friends came to celebrate Brendan's first year of life. What a GREAT first year! 
This is the baby doll I got for Brendan. It's actually NOT a baby, but a little toddler boy doll that reminded me a lot of Brendan! The doll's name is Michel. Brendan liked him very much. 
Kelly, reading Brendan the book I bought
him for his 1st birthday ...

Brendan enjoyed his party very much until ... we all gathered (about 30+ people) to sing "Happy Birthday" and present him his birthday cupcake. Everyone was SO excited to sing to him and as we started singing, Brendan's little face scrutinized everyone looking AT HIM and HE KNEW everyone was singing TO HIM and he did not like it ... not one little bit! He was so upset, his loving parents had to take him out of the high chair and comfort him. He never did eat his cupcake! :( 
Brendan's party outfit ... he was NOT QUITE walking that day,
but ALMOST!

The next few pictures were taken a week or so after Brendan's birthday. This is the beautiful blue sweater Brendan's Grandma Julie (from Winona, Minnesota) sent him (along with many other beautiful sweaters) for his birthday.  
Brendan, wearing his birthday sweater ...
look at his chunky little legs! Love him!

This is Brendan telling me stuff ... not sure WHAT ... but he was talking up a storm that day! 
Brendan, sitting in his high chair
watching the cars and buses go by down Eastern Avenue.

The above pictures were taken at my little beach house. It had been a few weeks since Brendan had been here and it was the first time he was actually walking around. He thoroughly explored each little room and enjoyed himself hugely. 

This is Brendan and Kelly opening up a belated birthday gift from our friend, Karen. His very own tambourine! 
Those are pretty big shoes to fill, Brendan! He was pretty intent to have Dylan's tennis shoes on his own little feet. So Kelly very patiently put them on him, quite a few times, until he finally realized he couldn't walk with them on! 
The sweetest face EVER!

I got to spend a few mornings with Brendan recently. Kelly had to be at the hospital for a rather long birth (she is the BEST doula in West Michigan!). So Brendan and I got to do a bunch of stuff together. 

It looks like Brendan is riding an invisible skateboard
in this picture!
 These next few pictures were taken last Sunday, on Easter!
Brendan Andrew! You have the sweetest expressions and the kindest little heart! 

Brendan really enjoyed my stuffed animals ... well, they ARE very soft and cuddly!
Brendan showing me his wonderful tools! He is a very mechanical little child! He did not inherit this trait from his grandma! 
Kelly, Brendan and his GREAT Grandma Ruth!
 Easter Sunday afternoon

Brendan is fascinated with the lights at my house! He just loves a very bright light and loves the pull chains that make the ceiling fans work. The other day I took him all around my house and we pulled every single chain that I had, to his very great delight! 
I love this picture of Brendan
and his very beautiful mama!


Brendan learned to stand a block up on end
without it falling back down ...

Brendan stacking blocks at my house



Well ... that's a lot of pictures of our little Brendan, all taken throughout the months of February and March. Hopefully I will be a little more regular posting pictures from here on out!

2 comments:

Judy Hand said...

Carol: These are terrific pictures of Brendan. You can see him growing and maturing with each group of pic. Hope your new card line goes well. I can't imagine it doing it otherwise as you do beautiful work.

Mom Jones said...

Yes, Brendan is growing and doing well! And oh, Judy! You say such kind words! Thank you! I'm excited about these cards and can't wait to show everyone what I've been working on all winter long!