Thursday, March 19, 2015

Together Tuesday ...

Tuesday was St. Patrick's Day, a favorite holiday of Kelly-O's for many reasons … chiefly, though, because she is IRISH, which is enough right there! So I offered them a date night (which we have been trying to do monthly anyway)--and they snatched it right up! I met Kelly and Brendan over where Dylan works, and we got Brendan all snug in his car seat and then we drove straight over to the ...
 CAR WASH!!  Brendan LOVES car washes!
 I tried to get some good pictures of his dear little face while we were passing those glorious spinning brushes. These snaps were the best I could do under the circumstance.



I know Brendan does not appear to be ecstatically happy about this … but he IS. He is taking it all in and his little mind is working it out … how the brushes spin, the water sprays, the dryers blow … he doesn't miss anything. 

I love it when Brendan comes to visit my little Beach House. He loves it here. I was really pleased when the first thing he asked for was the bean bags. A few weeks ago when he spent some time over here, we had gotten them out and I had put on "The Bean Bag" song, perfect for three-year-old kiddos. 
We did the song together over and over again … mostly with Brendan up in my arms and ME doing all of the work! But then throughout the night, I would hear him humming the tune and singing the song. He has a really sharp memory and is VERY musical. 
 We also enjoyed tossing the bean bags around ...
 Brendan was really enthused about this ...




 I love the above picture of him. Sweetheart!


See the alphabet puzzle on the floor? We played with that for a long time too. AND I got out my animal memory cards and we had so much fun matching all of the animals up together and seeing if any of them were on our alphabet puzzle too! 

 While I was throwing some dinner together, Brendan requested I light some candles and get a few lighthouses out for him to play with … what a great little kid! He so enjoys these lighthouses.




 We read many books--train books and lighthouse books. We played our instruments for quite awhile too. And we naturally put all of the matchbox cars through our own pretend car wash.
 We topped off the night with an ice cream sundae! Brendan really loves ice cream sundaes, especially the whipped cream.
Kelly-O brought some shamrock cookies over--wasn't that sweet of her? We were too tired to eat them after all of that playing! I sent three back home with them and kept one for my lunch! Such a lovely together Tuesday!

No comments: