Friday, March 6, 2015

This little lad ...

During Lent, Brendan's family has special Wednesday evening services over at their church; so we have switched my visiting day to Thursdays until after Easter. Thursday works just fine with me!
I was very thankful to see my Little Fellow feeling back to his playful happy self after having been so sick! We got busy right away playing. Dolly was very hungry after driving Brendan's front loader truck (no picture taken--but it was so cute how Dolly fit right inside this cool truck and drove it around the front room loading Brendan's rubber ball that he kept throwing her way)--Dolly was exhausted and had to take a long nap afterwards and woke up super hungry. 
Brendan made her a nice sandwich with lettuce and cheese and then brought her a hot dog too … just in case she was still hungry. 
Brendan is holding a pretend ice cream sandwich in this picture. He is watching Dolly eat her sandwich. He enjoys pretending VERY much. 

Brendan's favorite is the ice cream sandwich ... 
 We naturally went downstairs to the playroom and played trains for quite awhile. Brendan has so many nice trains! Kelly tells all sorts of Thomas and Percy stories using the trains, and Brendan is so pleased to act everything all out ...
 It was a little bit chilly in the basement, so we wandered back on upstairs where Brendan showed me how he really LOVES to bounce and jump on his new bed ...
 I love his shirt, "Bedtime is for suckers" but thankful I am not the one that puts this little lad to bed each night … he's not one for sleeping alone for very long periods of time! He is a very social little person.

 Brendan had gone to a friend's third birthday party last week and received a few gifts himself. This little container he is holding out to me is filled with what I called "flubber," a smooth, cool, soft, moldable substance that was really fun to play with. Brendan giggled and laughed and just had the best time as we buried our fingers in this stuff and pretended we were STUCK … and then we put his little plastic animals in there too and tried to find them and rescue them from the flubber ...

 I asked Brendan to give me one last smile as I was putting my camera away … this was his adorable little scrunched up face--oh my, Brendan, you are something so precious! And as I was leaving, Kelly told me all about the song Brendan was singing in the grocery store about his Grandma Carol coming to visit, knocking on his door, and him smiling! Dylan was holding him as Kelly was telling me the story, and then he sang it for me! Wow--way to steal your Grandma's heart for the rest of her life! 

This is the tiny snowman Dylan and Brendan built yesterday after his nap. It is only about knee-high but it is so cute. Love you guys!

No comments: