Sunday, May 27, 2007

Born on a memorable day!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DYLAN!
At 4:52 a.m. Memorial Day 1984 Dylan James came into the world!
He was a quick delivery, like his brothers, and caused his mother only minimal pain.
He was named Dylan -- you know, like Bob Dylan or Dylan Thomas --
even though some folk were SURE he would be called DI-LAN his whole life

He was a sweet one -- this is his first birthday
And this is such a typical Dylan face!
Always happy, always smiling, always sweet!
First grade at the Potter's House
Dylan played percussion in "the pit" during Middle School
He had a good sense for rhythm and really loved music
He taught himself to play guitar
He also plays the piano and has written many songs . . .
Dylan with Emma (summer of '06) making BIG bubbles
Shoveling snow this past winter the week he was home from college
at Honors Convocation at Kuyper College
(he was on the Dean's list both semesters --
all A's second semester)
This is just a few weeks ago
he's still happy, still smiling, still sweet . . .

I don't know anyone who calls him Di-Lan and the name
Dylan James just fits him so well!


I am so thankful for you in every way.
I hope this next year is your happiest ever . . .

"Blessed be your glorious name,
and may it be exalted above all blessing and praise.
You alone are the LORD.
You made the heavens, even the highest heavens,
and all their starry host,
the earth and all that is on it,
the seas and all that is in them.
You give life to everything,
and the multitudes of heaven worship you.
NEHEMIAH 9:5(b)-6
(This was the passage of Scripture I chose for his birth announcement)

5 comments:

Thursday said...

I saw somebody who looked a lot like Dylan at Harvest Church last Sunday, standing by the door talking to Professor Doug Felch of Kuyper College...I kept staring and thinking he was bound to be weirded out if he noticed. Any chance it was actually him?

Mom Jones said...

Who are you, thursday? Yes, it was Dylan at Harvest Church this past Sunday most likely happily engaged in a conversation with Professor Doug Felch!

Thursday said...

Oh, I am sorry...this is Suz! I forget that people don't all know my blog alias! ;) Anyway, I'm enjoying your blogging, Carol, and I'm sorry I've been inadvertently incognito. :)

Mom Jones said...

Suz?! Ah! Apology accepted, dear! If you have a blog, please connect me -- I know you are an incredible writer and would so enjoy it!

Thursday said...

Aww, thanks! Here's my blog: cheshiregrin79.blogspot.com