Thursday, December 25, 2008

No Distant Lord


I'm thankful this Christmas morning that "the true Light that gives light to every man" came into the world! He came to rescue, save and redeem us. He came to be with us!
No Distant Lord
No distant Lord have I,
loving afar to be;
made flesh for me He cannot rest
until He rests in me.

I need not journey far
this dearest friend to see;
companionship is always mine;
He makes His home with me.

O glorious Son of God,
Incarnate Deity,
I shall forever be with Thee
because Thou art with me.

Maltbie D. Babcock

I love this passage of Scripture and I love this poem ~ I used it on my Christmas card this year. Jesus is the True Light that came for EVERYONE!
We are celebrating this day with lots of family who are here in Michigan, and we hope to connect (via computer) with family who were unable to come up from Texas. We hope your Christmas is full of JOY!

No comments: