Thursday, December 11, 2008

A rerun kind of day ...

Nathan and Nia came over for another play day today. We had a lot of fun with these two kiddos. Nathan right away wanted to go back downstairs to the playroom and resume playing with our Marble Mania race game. But he went back to his old favorites after just a bit ~ the Matchbox cars and trucks and building blocks. We did a lot of book reading and singing songs together too. Nathan is very musical.
I think Nathan's favorite toy of the day was an old toy of his daddy's! It was remarkably made in the USA, which tells you how old it must be! This is a ZUBE TUBE and it's basically a noise maker!
The instructions written on the side of this toy say to: "Talk, yell, or sing directly into either end. Shake it up and down and all around. DO NOT bang on floor or place it up against your ear." Hmm. I didn't see the DO NOT part until just now ... and we did plenty of banging it on the floor and putting it up against our ears while the other one talked into it. I suppose we'll live. It makes very interesting wiggly kinds of sounds (boing, boing, boing) and vibrates your voice and makes it echo. I asked Nathan what it sounded like and he said: "Mush. It sounds like mush, Granny." Mush?! Perhaps all of those sounds together could be described that way! I took the above picture of Nathan dancing to a children's CD, using the tube as kind of an odd partner! I tried to take a video of this bit of action, but I messed it up. Sorry.
Miss Nia spent the day switching off between me and Grandpa Jones. She was very cuddly today.
It was a quiet kind of laid-back day ... nothing really new to tell you about, but I thought perhaps you would enjoy a few pictures.
Mr. Nathan enjoying a juicy apple for his afternoon snack

1 comment:

JonesChronicles said...

Nia's hair is getting completely out of control. Too bad it is all uneven: What to do? I need professional assistance with this issue. =)