Friday, December 19, 2008

Our magical winter wonderland ...

Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean;
wash me
and I will be
whiter
than snow.
Create in me a clean heart, O God ...
Psalm 51:7 and 10 NLT

Washed clean, pristine. Purified. Totally forgiven. How beautifully a fresh fluffy snowfall illustrates God's wonderful grace ...
Since about 3:00 this morning, we received just under 12 inches of fresh snow ... on top of the three inches we already had. Schools and events city-wide were cancelled! No noisey school busses ... and no snow plows came by our street all day.
I walked out in the woods for awhile early this afternoon ... knee deep in places ... amazing the quiet and the accompanying peace ...
We are officially snowed in! The mail didn't even get delivered today ... except our doorbell just rang (at 7:45 p.m.) and it was a package (addressed TO Adam) from UPS!
Weather reports tell us that we are just going to get ourselves dug out from this storm before another one comes our way late tomorrow night! And another storm is expected Tuesday night!
Our neighborhood looked so beautiful this afternoon. I layered up and walked everywhere ... and then I reluctantly returned to our house to help shovel out the driveway. Mr. Jones did most of the work today! I was too enthralled with the beauty of it to care if we got out or not!


I promised I would post these pictures for dear Sabrina to see ... her family is unable to make the trip "home" this Christmas ... she, and they, will be sadly missed!

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Thank you for posting the snow pictures. Andrew told me yesterday that the one year we don't make the trip north is the one year there is tons of snow!!! Have fun being snowed in! Love ya Mom!