Monday, November 22, 2010

A prominent place ...

Anyone who has been to my house will recognize that this picture was taken in our front room. It's my cedar chest with children's books piled on top and on the window sill. I save this place for my favorite books to read to my grandchildren. These are not books for them to PLAY with, but are books to LISTEN to ...
The newest addition to this prominent place of literature is "KLINGER: A Story of Honor and Hope," written by Betsy Beard and illustrated by Shelley Johannes. I ordered a few copies of this beautiful book several weeks ago and was so delighted to receive them. I'm giving one away as a gift and now I wish I had ordered several more!
The illustrator is actually my beautiful niece, Shelley. KLINGER is her tenth children's book! I'm so proud of her. The book was published by TAP (the Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors) and is a wonderful story that really belongs in every American home! The author wrote from her own experience following the death of her only son who was killed while fighting in Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2004. Shelley's illustrations are marvelous throughout the book. I just thought I'd brag on her awhile ... I hope she doesn't mind ...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you, Aunt Carol! You are always such an encouragement...