Monday, November 29, 2010

Seven is a pretty big deal ...

It seems like two seconds ago that this was what Chris looked like ... in a Thomas-the-Train hat riding the Coopersville/Marne train in the spring of 2007 ~ he was 3-1/2. Isn't his little face precious?
But TODAY, Christopher is SEVEN ... and SEVEN is a pretty big deal in my book. This picture of Chris in the baseball hat was taken over on his school playground two months ago when we visited his family down in El Paso.
Christopher is a very physically active young fellow ... and he's good at climbing, sliding, monkeying around on monkey bars, and just about anything else he can find! He is 100% boy, and I think he is beautiful.
One of his favorite things to do is to mess up a picture I try to take of him ... so he makes gruesome faces. This one, he just bugged out his eyes at me and then cracked up!
Chris is fearless in the water ... and he enjoys every single minute of playing in it.
I love this picture that Grandpa Jones took of Chris. He is standing at the end of the driveway at his house looking over the chalk drawings he and Matthew and Emma had been working on. He looks so grown up in this picture, I can hardly stand it. I'm going to see Christopher and celebrate a late-birthday, early-Christmas with him this Saturday! I'm counting the days!

"I created you, Christopher, and I have cared for you before you were born! I will be your God for your whole life ... I MADE YOU and I will care for you." ISAIAH 46.3

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

Happy birthday Christopher!!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday!

larry and judy hand said...

A Great Big Happy Birthday to you
Christopher. Carol, we agree with the feelings you expressed 100%.
The pictures are so neat. Thanks
for this great birthday blog for our
little big guy, Christopher.

Hope you have a great time in Texas
and please give them all big hugs
from us. Thanks. God Bless

Mom Jones said...

I will certainly do that, Larry and Judy ... wish you could all be there ... perhaps you can get to Texas soon? I hope so.