Saturday, July 26, 2014

A rather frightening experience …

It was a very FULL day yesterday between training at work and then meeting Kelly and Brendan downtown. Since it was past rush-hour, I jumped on the 131 to get back to the Beach House as fast as I could last night, thinking about editing photos and relaxing a little bit before bed …

About three minutes after exiting the 131, where I had been speeding along at 70 mph, I heard a very loud "bang" and then I very nearly lost control of my little car ...
… because my front driver tire had completely blown apart! Thankfully, this did not happen while traveling 70 mph on a crowded highway! As it was, I was quite startled by the noise and the immediate refusal of my car to steer in almost any direction. I pulled over into a small business and phoned AAA! They were very kind on the phone and sent a wrecker to my rescue. During the 40 minute wait, I read three chapters from "Prince Caspian" and enjoyed it very much. I was thankful this happened at a time when I didn't have any of the grandchildren with me (!), that it was still daylight, and that I was in a safe area. This could have been so much worse. So today … I'm off to the tire shop!

Thank you, Lord, for watching over me last night.

1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.