Friday, July 11, 2014

Back to the lakeshore ...

Thursday afternoon, David and I and mom drove over to Grand Haven to walk the boardwalk and catch a bite to eat. It was a perfect weather day out there … a light fresh breeze was blowing, the sky was a gorgeous blue, the air was cool, and it was … well … perfect.
Isn't that the most interesting little sailboat? I loved the red sails ... 
And look at the beautifully restored RED inner light at Grand Haven! 
We walked as far on the pier as we could, until we got almost to the end where the outer light is fenced off. The workers were there, sandblasting and repairing, in Phase I of the restoration.

We sat down on the pier, soaked up the sun, and watched the boats go in and out of the channel ... 

David and Mom
 We ate dinner at Bil-Mar's. We were the first to arrive, got a wonderful table right by the window, and enjoyed a yummy meal together. Since I haven't been well, I just had some soup; but it was really tasty!
After dinner, we took a long ride over to Ferrysburg and down North Shore Road where all of the beautiful beach homes are located. We parked in the small parking lot (that is never ever full) and I jumped out to take just a few pictures of the North Shore ... 


 What a gorgeous spot! 
Everything here at the Lake completely takes away the sadness and stress of life for me. I'm going to have to make a weekly trip out here!

No comments: