Saturday, February 28, 2015

Just a few more pictures from February ...

I didn't take many pictures this weekend--I had my camera nearby, but just didn't use it much. The grandchildren spent Friday night with me here at the Beach House. The boys are beginning to bring small containers of their favorite LEGO pieces with them, and they play and play and play, combining them with the LEGOs that I have here. 

It was "white" day over at the middle school on Friday; so Emma had sprayed her hair white with some fancy hair spray and had put white make-up on her face, etc. She was eager to have it removed, so she took a nice long hot bath right after our dinner and got back to feeling "normal."

We got ready for bed earlier than usual!
I asked Matthew to change my little calendar to the correct date and he had fun making up all kinds of impossible dates … 
We had a late dessert of either brownies or strawberry sundaes (they could choose which dessert they wanted) … but these brownies were leftovers that I had frozen a few weeks ago and when I thawed them out and re-heated them, they were a little too hot … so we had to wait for them to cool.
Our Bible story pictures are in the wrong place in this post … but I am too untechnical to move them to where they belong! We actually didn't do our Bible story until Saturday morning. We were learning about TWO women (Sarai and Hagar) and TWO sons (Isaac and Ishmael) ...
This is Hagar running away from her
mistress, Sarai ...
 We are continuing to study through Genesis. We have met a lot of interesting people and are following their journeys of faith. Sometimes they were very faithFUL and other times they were not. But God was always working His plan out in the lives of His people.
Abraham, Sarah, and Isaac
 We learned that Abraham was 100 years old when Isaac was born … and Sarah was 90 when she gave birth to him!
Hagar and Ishmael, being sent way
after the birth of Isaac.
 We are going to continue talking about Abraham's family in the next few weeks and how God's promised Son came through this special people. We reviewed our two memory verses, using our two hands, 10 fingers and 10 words of Scripture from Psalm 118:6, "The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid" as well as Hebrews 13:6, "NEVER will I leave you; NEVER will I forsake you." We then folded our hands and said these words as prayers, thanking God for His presence with us.

But … back to our dessert on Friday night. Christopher chose a strawberry sundae … "Make it HUGE, grandma!" Well, I really didn't make it any bigger than the usual; but midway through, Christopher became too full to finish it! Good thing I didn't make it any bigger than I usually do!
It was MY turn to chose the movie of the week; so I chose "42," which is the story of Jackie Robinson. Emma groaned when I put it into the laptop, thinking that this was just another movie about baseball (not her favorite sport), but within five minutes, all three children were alert and extremely interested and following the racial story that was unfolding. These guys love to learn about history and what happened in our country during the 50's and 60's. It was an excellent movie and it DID end well for Jackie and his family.
Saturday, we just hung out around the house. We are experiencing quite a bit of "cabin fever" and long to go out for a romp in the woods. However, it has been too cold and the children don't always have adequate layers to stay outside for very long. We will just have to endure the wait for spring.
We did play a few games together. We also read the next chapter in "Prince Caspian" as well as a few chapters in "Absolutely Almost." So … it was a good weekend! I took the children home by 4:00 and then went to meet Ruthanne and Terry and my mom, to celebrate her birthday.

No comments: