Monday, April 10, 2023

April 10 Flood Stage

Monday:  The Grand River once again is at/above flood stage. I always love to see it get this high--but have to remember that those living along the river probably are not at all thrilled!

I took these photos while walking down Chauncey toward the Imperial Mill. I love Chauncey Avenue most any time of the year--actually, this is probably my least favorite few weeks of the year while every tree is still bare, the ground is barren and the colors SO ... the same! Except look at this GREEN grass! We've had a LOT of rain in the last two weeks; so much so that the Grand River is at or above flood stage. The background water in the photo below is not usually there--out there is pasture land; but it is rather under water right now.
And the water behind the Mill isn't usually there either! It looks to be completely surrounded by water right now!
I have a million shots of this particular site (below), but I always want to take just one more. I love the serenity of this little spot.
I love this little Mill and always regret it is on private property ... because I would love to get closer to it and get better pictures.
All of this water out in the field ... does not belong there!!!


Later in the day, I drove ACROSS the Grand River to try and get some shots of how high it was ...


This "medical building" sits right on the edge of the Grand River and Northland Drive. Usually, people can park underneath the building with nothing to fear! There is usually a 4' drop off to the actual river.

Thankfully, we are looking at a dry week ahead and they forecast that the river will begin going down even today. That's a good thing. We do not need any more rain! 

No comments: