Friday, April 14, 2023

April 13 at Altitude

Thursday:  I picked up my Kaity-Girl from Jesse at about 4:30 this afternoon. Kenzie was over and they wanted to know if we could all do something together. Believe it or not, it was topping out at 80 degrees and gorgeously sunny outside! However, Kaity was rather in a "funk" and reminded me that she does NOT like to be outside in the hot weather. What?!?!?!?! Okay. I DO remember some complaints last year if we were out very long and there wasn't any shade ... or a lake or pool to jump in ...  and Kaity's skin does break out when she gets too hot. 

SO ... I suggested Altitude, and it was agreed that Kenzie AND Harper would come to jump and play with Kaity. They did really well. They are expert jumpers! They play lots of jumping games together and have a really good time. Here are some pictures--all of which were taken on my cell phone, because I neglected to bring my REAL camera along with me (however, I had no idea we would be doing anything out of the ordinary when I left my house).

This is one of their favorite activities at Altitude: it's kind of a "jousting" activity ... see who can knock each other off the beam and into the foam blocks. Harper went down quite quickly, but she was fine with losing; after all, Kaity IS quite a bit bigger than she is.

Kaity and Kenzie are better matched. The first two rounds went to Kenzie!





But then Kaity came back and won the next FOUR rounds ... but it was quite a struggle.

It wasn't very crowded here tonight, and that was a big plus for the girls. They didn't have to wait in any lines, and there were not many toddlers jumping either. 

We had invited Kenzie over to the house afterwards, but we didn't know that there had been an emergency in Kenzie's family--her dad picked the girls up from Altitude because he was ready to check on the family issue they had going on.

Sadly, Kaity did not want to come over to my house after the girls left Altitude. I didn't press her about it. She's growing up ... almost 11 now. Sigh. 

I'm asking the Lord to help me navigate spending future time with Kaity. How can I make our time together something she enjoys? How do I enjoy God's great outdoors with her when she will not go outside? How can I compete with video games and phone "shows"? This is pretty much out of my control; so I will do what I must do--I will trust the Lord to lead and I will keep praying.

No comments: