Friday, April 23, 2021

April 12 David & Carol's beautiful home!

Monday Night (and other days too):  I have to show you my brother's beautiful home. He and Carol got it for not much more than a song ... BUT ... lots of grueling hard work to get it into this great condition. These two folk work TOGETHER and accomplish so much! They gave me a tour Monday night--so I took pictures then and throughout the week--which I have combined here in this post.

Let's start with the outside: Look at their beautiful garden area! David and Carol said everything out here was dead or dying, overgrown and almost hopeless. They put a lot of tender care into it and just look at the result!

They have enough room in the driveway to park their boat and no longer have to pay to have it parked in a locked parking space off their property. How wonderful for them!
Their daisies were gorgeous. I just love daisies, don't you?

I haven't any idea whatsoever what these flowers are ... but they are AMAZING.

The colors are deep and vibrant.

This is the front of the house, and I like the look of it very much.
They have a spacious and very beautiful front porch and have painted the deck and fixed it up so homey-like.

"Welcome" says this cute sign ... and do you know something? I FELT welcome right down to my very toes.
A closer picture of the "SS Adele" ... ha! Their daughter-in-love renamed the boat while Dave and Carol were living in Grand Cayman. Alison's middle name is Adele. Alison is as delightful as her beautiful name!
This is a lovely pond area down the street from them, somewhat adjacent to the park pool area.

To explain ... I loaded the outside pictures first and then I got the inside pictures in order to load but they loaded backwards--which is rather awkward, but you will just have to put up with it!

These are two perfect, yes perfect, little signs that adorn the master bedroom wall ... 
 

This sign is in the Master Bath ... so true ... so wonderful ... God is so faithful!
The Master bath ...
The Master BR. It's much prettier than I have captured. They have a very spacious walk-in closet and then the bath is on the opposite side of the room.
Below is a picture of the hallway bath--I moved in to this one and enjoyed every minute of their soft water and the powerful shower head. I have ZERO water pressure in my little place and the water is very hard--I'm not complaining, I'm just explaining why this was extra nice.
I just love these sayings that are placed all over their place ...
The laundry room ...
The super wide hallway ...
Dave's office with THREE screens. This is where he does all of the administrating and running of Speedy Legal, a brand new small business that he and his son-in-law, Chris, have started. I had the opportunity to sit in here with David and listen to him take call after call, listen to people's stories (about the ticket they received), and help them find a way to a better resolution. David is an excellent listener and is truly kind to the people he deals with ... and some of them are pretty tricky! This is a perfect job for David. He is so good with people and he even gets them to laugh at themselves!

This is from the main room looking out to the front porch ...
The beautiful main room ...
Their amazing kitchen ...
Again, "Welcome to our Home" was deeply felt ... I just moved right on in!


Carol is a really creative and thrifty person. She just knows how to make something ordinary look extra-ordinary--warm and inviting. It's a very nice gift to have.
They call this "the basement" because ... it is LOWER than the rest of the house and is where you enter from the side. It's a very nice space, though, and they use it well for storage and a relaxing spot.
Here is David mixing up something healthy to drink one morning ...
The dining area ...
Another view of the main room ...
I'm so glad David and Carol have this beautiful place. Most of the furniture was GIVEN to them by friends who had so much in storage that they didn't know what to do with it! Isn't that cool? 

No comments: