Friday, April 23, 2021

April 12 Up in the Air!

Monday:  Emma and I spent an abbreviated Sunday together before I drove over to Detroit to spend the night with Ruthanne and Terry, leave Matey with them, and then have them drive me to Detroit Metro Airport for my flight to Florida. I will say that I was rather preoccupied with my trip on Sunday, even with all of the pre-packing I had done. 

One complicating factor was the reality that my refrigerator/freezer was indeed DEAD, no matter how much I wanted to deny it! So I had to empty the entire thing out, throw food away, and cean it all out so that Jesse could haul it away while I was gone for the next 10 days. Thankfully (!!) our friend, Larry, had a replacement model in his garage that I was able to purchase for $100. They are getting it cleaned up and it will be brought over to my place and hooked up and ready for me to return. Yes!

It was super nice to visit with Ruthanne and Terry Sunday evening--but I neglected to take any pictures whatsoever. We chatted and retired to bed early. We spent time together Monday morning and it is a good thing Ruthanne asked me what time my flight was leaving Detroit, or I would have missed it completely! I was under the mistaken impression that it left at 2:15--when in fact, it was taking off at 1:30. We took off for the airport and I arrived (running breathlessly) just in time to board my flight.

I truly love to fly. I never get over the amazement that I am 35,000 feet in the air. I could have sworn at one time the pilot said we were flying at 45,000 feet but perhaps I heard him incorrectly. I love flying through the clouds and reaching clear blue sky overhead. I love the fluffiness of the clouds! 


I love peeking through the clouds and seeing the ground below with the teeny tiny houses and the squares of property and the little lines of rivers and roads ... I don't think I will ever get tired of it!

I was able to get flights to and from Tampa super cheap--$108 one way. On the way down, I had to switch planes in Baltimore--so the picture below is the Baltimore airport--which was not at all impressive. I had to walk a very long way to get to the next Gate and flight going on to Tampa. But ALL airports are interesting places with all of the coming and going of so many different kinds of people. 
We got back up in the air and flew for another hour and a half (approximately) down to Tampa. Tampa's airport is right off the water--LOOK!
It's almost like the water is a runway ... thankfully, we didn't land IN the water but on the runway. 
David picked me up without missing a beat and we drove over to their beautiful home ..

No comments: