Thursday, April 8, 2021

April 6 without my littles ...

Tuesday:  Dylan texted me last night to let me know that Aidan had a low-grade temp all day and laid around on the couch--not like his usual self.  He and Kelly wanted me to know that fact simply because of my upcoming trip to see my brother, David, in Florida in just a few days. If I should get sick or have a fever, I will not be allowed on any flights whatsoever--and my trip would be cancelled. I really appreciate their kindness in letting me know about Aidan. If it weren't for this much-look-forward-to "vacation", it wouldn't matter one single bit if Aidan had a temperature! Afterall, I AM RETIRED! But I did elect not to have my little ones today and felt sad in my heart about it. You see, it will be several weeks now until I see them again and I will miss every one of them: Brendan, Aidan, Erin AND baby Cal.

So what was a grandma to do all day long without the kiddos today? I messaged Kaity early on to let her know that we would not be coming by at 4:00 to go to her playground to play. Kaity was really looking forward to seeing the little kids today. They LOVE her and she LOVES them! But ... I asked if she would want to come over for a little bit anyway. She said YES!

I encouraged Kaity to make a card for Matt's birthday on Saturday. She got right to work on it and did such a nice job!
I'm always glad to see Kaity do art work. She's very good at it!
And--believe it or not--Kaity grabbed one of the ka-zillion library books I have laying around the house and read it--a Paw Patrol book--very small, and an early reader, but she did a good job and was happy about it. Me too!
I love you, Kaity-Girl!

No comments: