Wednesday, April 28, 2021

April 27 Not since March 29!

Tuesday:  It certainly was nice to be reunited with these kiddos today! Four weeks have gone by without seeing their beautiful faces. The week before I left for vacation, Aidan had run a temp on that Monday (just prior to our usual Tuesday visit) and it was thought best that I not "risk" catching whatever "bug" he had, so we cancelled. 

I think it might be possible that these guys missed me as much as I missed them--although I doubt it!
They were glad to see Matey again. He stuck close to us throughout the day and we tried to include him in all of our activities (except for the multiple times he was banished to my bedroom--i.e. while we were eating or snacking at the table--Matey is a little bit aggressive about wanting to eat our food).
Brendan requested that we watch the movie, "Rio" that is showing on Disney+. So after we ate our lunch and cleaned up a little bit, I turned it on for the kids. Brendan wanted me to see every single minute of the movie, so I grabbed a chair and made myself comfortable. What a fun movie! Brendan loves some of these characters very much. His super good sense of humor was satisfied as he watched the story.

Aidan built with LEGOs as he watched the movie ...

Erin got up close and personal ...
Yikes--I love Erin's little laugh, her smiles, her tiny voice and the darling things she says ...
Aidan--the four-year-old future stud-muffin ...
Erin, cleaning up her clothing after eating ice cream ...


We did all of our usual stuff and our day passed very pleasantly. I am so thankful that I get to be a grandma ...
Being a grandma is THE BEST.

No comments: