Saturday, April 24, 2021

April 19 Daytona Beach and Crabby Joe's

Monday:  After finishing up our delicious lunch in St. Augustine and walking around the streets of the old city, we headed on down to Daytona Beach and spent the afternoon and evening there. Here are a few (!!) pictures ...

Look at this fenced crosswalk carefully--do you see the padlocks? David and I were trying to figure out what they could possibly mean! There must be a story behind them ... there were probably 100's of them from one end of the fencing to the other. Perhaps I can google it.

This is a little beach just north (I think) of Daytona Beach. It was SO beautiful and we had perfect weather for walking and exploring ...

We saw quite a few very dead jelly fish ... do you see it? It's in the shadow of my head!

I took too many pictures of the waves rolling in to post ... after awhile, they all look the same, so I am not sure why I kept snapping pictures. The ocean really is beautiful--I know that it isn't Lake Michigan--but it is still amazing. The sound of the surf was ... exactly perfect.
We ate our dinner at Crabby Joe's! We ate there two years ago after visiting the lighthouse south of here. It's a great place to eat!
And it has a beautiful VIEW ...




I think David and I both ordered fried clams and I think I got fish with mine and he got shrimp with his. It was SO delicious. I could eat seafood every day of the week for the rest of my entire life and not get tired of it!



This person is ... one of the dearest people on the planet to my heart. I love being in his company, laughing together, sharing our stories, or even just being completely silent. I am super thankful for him and wish so badly that our time together wasn't so short.

No comments: