Saturday, April 24, 2021

April 20 Morning on Daytona Beach

Tuesday:  We had a weather forecast for today that warned of a 90% chance of rain--in fact, I quite expected to wake up to rain this morning ... but when we woke up and opened the curtains of the hotel room, the sky was still a faint pink from the sunrise and there was not a drop of rain falling! I announced that I was throwing on some clothes and going for a walk on the beach! David had taken a late night walk (after dark) last night (solo), but he was still "up" for walking this morning.

I know what you are thinking ... MORE pictures of ... WATER rolling in? Yes. Lots more! I haven't posted hardly any of what I took Tuesday morning, so you are just going to have to bear with this ...
... after all, this is the famous Daytona Beach! I have no idea when the next time will be that I will stand here and look at all of this!
When I was in my early teens, my family would come down to Daytona to visit my great-grandparents who lived in a little city not far from here. I remember driving along this beach (because you CAN drive on it) and looking at all the beautiful hotels ...
Below is a picture of the hotel where David and I stayed the night ... right on the ocean ... so super nice!



I'm not sure how far we walked Tuesday morning. We watched these little birds for awhile. One poor birdy only had one leg, but he did pretty good keeping up with his friends as they ran along the edge of the ocean.



This was the view from our room on the fourth floor. When we finished our walk, we cleaned up and went down for our free breakfast in the lobby. We were awarded this free breakfast because it had taken so long the night before to get checked in, due to a complication with credit cards, etc. The woman at the desk was very apologetic and gave us tokens for full breakfasts! We had NO idea that it would take an hour to be served that breakfast, however. But that's okay. My french toast was delicious--even though the sweet tea that I requested was definitely NOT sweet tea (no matter what our waiter said).
It DID begin to rain a little bit before we had gone inside from our walk (prior to breakfast), but I still changed into my swim suit and jumped into the deep end of the pool (10.5) feet and spent about 15 minutes swimming--mainly so that I could brag to Kaity that I floated and swam in the deep end!
After breakfast, we headed back to the Tampa area and were "home" by early afternoon. It was a little bitter-sweet to me ... last days on vacation are always like that, aren't they? But ... David and Carol always milk everything to the max, so we weren't finished quite yet!

No comments: