Saturday, April 24, 2021

April 22 Going Home

Wednesday:  My flight took off on time at 7:30 AM from Tampa to Nashville where I changed planes and flew to Detroit. My flights were uneventful--I had window seats both times (I love window seats)--no turbulence, no bothersome passengers,  no lost baggage ... no complaints! Ruthanne and Terry were there to meet me in Detroit where I spent the night. I had a nice visit with them and told them all about my trip. They had gone to Cincinnati to visit Mark and Shari, so I got to hear all about their trip as well.


While Ruthanne and Terry were away, Matey "vacationed" over at Shelley's house. There are already THREE birds at Shelley's and Matey made friends with Max and Gus (the two budgies). Evidently, Alex (the cockatiel) stayed to himself--he doesn't make a habit of associating with budgies! Look how cute the three budgies all look together! I was a little bit worried that Matey would be lonely coming back to a birdless house, but he is doing just fine--he was very well taken care of while I was gone, and it is nice to know that I actually have TWO options now if I ever leave him again.

No comments: